CALL FOR LATE BREAKING ABSTRACTS NOW OPEN
Late Breaking Abstracts:
Opening of late breaking abstract submission – Wednesday 28th June
Close of late breaking abstract submission – Wednesday 2nd August
Notification of acceptance of abstracts – August 2017
Accepted authors to be registered by – Friday 25th August
The abstract submission process for HUPO2017 will be through an online submission portal. Submitters are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out on this page.SUBMIT ABSTRACT HERE
Late breaking abstracts will be considered for Oral or Poster Presentation
- Presenters may also be required to participate in a panel Q&A on the day.
- The Programme Committee may at its discretion move an accepted submission into another presentation category to ensure the continuity of the congress programme.
- Presentations should be created in PowerPoint and saved as PowerPoint or as a PDF. Specific details will be sent to accepted abstract submitters.
- Poster presenters will be expected to be available during the allocated Poster Session time on the congress programme.
- The poster should be of A0 size, portrait style and professionally printed. Posters should not be mounted on a rigid backing as they will be displayed on poster display boards.
- Please note that all expenses for the design, printing etc. of the poster are the responsibility of the presenters.
- At the congress it would be useful to have a leaflet/brochure to give to delegates.
- Only 1 abstract may be submitted per presenting author.
- Accepted abstracts may be designated as oral or poster presentations by the Programme Committee.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the congress themes. The only language of the congress is English and all abstracts must be submitted in that language.
- Cellular proteomics
- New Technological Advances
- Disease and clinical proteomics
- Precision/personalized proteomics
- Drug and biopharmaceutical proteomics
- Human Proteome Project (HPP) (Track I: C-HPP)
- Human Proteome Project (HPP) (Track II: B/D-HPP)
- Systems, bioinformatics and integration of ‘omics’ data
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for HUPO2017. Abstracts not formatted to the following standards will not be accepted.
The system will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (Oral, Oral or Poster, Poster Only)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of lead and corresponding author
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Indicate the presenting author
- Abstract word limit of 300 words; Ensure that you use the abstract headings available in the template below. The headings are Background; Methods; Results; Conclusions; Keywords
- A maximum of 5 keywords can be included
- If you would not like to be considered for a presentation award, please tick the box.
How to submit an abstract
The presenting author must submit the abstract on their account. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into the HUPO2017 submission and registration portals. You can then add your contact details and submit your abstract in the ‘Abstract Submission’ section in the system.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the late breaking abstract deadline (2nd August).
Please submit an abstract by Wednesday 2nd August. Follow the instructions carefully and choose an appropriate theme. Your abstract submission should be all text detailing the Background, Methods, Results, Conclusions, Keywords of the work you want to present.
Following review you will be informed in August whether your contribution has been:
Once an abstract has been accepted all presenting authors will be required to register by 25th August in order to secure their place in the programme.
- Late breaking abstract notification will be sent to authors in August.
- When notified of acceptance, presenters are required to accept their offer by registering for the congress by 25th August. Failure to register will result in the abstract being removed from the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the congress.
- Submitted abstracts, may be published in print and online after the congress.
- It is the responsibility of the corresponding author to communicate with results with other members of the presenting team.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
General Abstract Submission:
Opening of abstract submission – Wednesday 11th January
Closing date for submission of abstracts EXTENDED – Monday 8th May (Closed)
Notification of acceptance of abstracts – June 2017
Accepted authors to be registered by – Wednesday 14th June
Awards and Prizes
Submission for the HUPO PhD Abstract Competition is now CLOSED.
There will be a variety of presentation awards and prizes. Please check back for future announcements.
HUPO PhD Abstract Competition: Once again, HUPO is holding a PhD Abstract Competition. Eight abstracts will be selected based on excellence to have a short oral poster presentation at HUPO2017 in Dublin. From these 8 presentations, 3 presenting authors will be awarded USD $1000. Please note, in order to be eligible supporting documentation will be required to upload e.g. student ID or letter from supervisor. The presenting first author (or co-first author) must be a PhD Student. You will be notified by email if you are selected in July 2017. To apply, submit an abstract via the abstract submission system and complete the details as indicated. For queries on the competition please contact Chelsea Prangnell at firstname.lastname@example.org